About Me

My photo
Picton, NSW, Australia
Sculptor and Printmaker. I create unique plastic assembleges. Mostly based on characters from Greek Mythology. Made from used plastic dolls and toys.

Updated image

Updated image
New hair colour lost the blond and new glasses

Thursday, September 27, 2012

I am back to blogging

The Studio downstairs just before my last solo at Side Tracked Depot in Bowral May this year.
Working on "Edna" there one of my flower heads (she was sold at the show so she left home!)

Lots of things have happened over the last 18 months. My work has progressed to mainly using only skin tone doll parts I seem to hav emoved away from the colourful toys. But guess what I still collect them and search for them in the op shops. I know one day I can make a great head from those toys so I am slightly overcrowded down stairs.

The show went really well in Bowral. I also had 2 of my faces in next door at the Milk Factory Gallery and sold one of them, which was great as "Athena" went home to another artist's house.

I am still hoping that a Sydney gallery will "find" me one day....it may happen soon as more and more of my pieces are springing up around the place.

Currently I have "Julia is always on Tony's mind" at the Blacktown City Art Prize,
"Juno, the other Hera" in the Woollahra Small Sculpture Prize and hope fully
"Zeus" will be selected for the open section at Fisher's ghost Art Award.
Zeus, optimus maximus Man-whore  
Juno the other Hera

Tony & image of Julia
 


No comments:

Post a Comment